a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Monday, February 23, 2015

My Everyday Makeup!


Hello everyone!

It's been requested by quite a few people lately that I talk about my every day makeup routine! It honestly isn't anything special or extensive at all, but I always think it's interesting to look into how others do their makeup, too. So, I'll give this a little go. I'll list the products below of what I use on an every day basis (I have a lot more I use from time to time but aren't essential to my look), and then if I actually recommend I'll mark it with an *

- I first wash my face in the morning just with water and then put on the Neurtrogena Naturals Moisturizer*.

-Next, I wet my basic beauty blender (which needs replaced, ergh I'm sorry!) with warm water to apply my foundation.

-I recently got the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Liquid Foundation* and absolutely love it. It is med-full 
coverage and looks very natural and not cakey in the slightest. A little goes a long way!

-I actually don't do my concealer until after I do my eye makeup. Usually, I just do a simple sweep of color from my Urban Decay Ammo Palatte all over my lid in the color Sin.* It's a gorgeous champagne that adds shimmer! 

-The next step in my eye look is applying my gel liner from Benefit's They're Real Push Up Liner. I do a line starting from the beginning of my lashes in the inner corner, to the end of my lid. Then I do a small cat eye flick; still can't get it perfect though!

-Although the liner is a gel and is fairly opaque, I like to have a really solid line so I go over my eyeliner with a matte black shadow from a small sample palette I got from BH Cosmetics in a Birchbox. 

-Finally, a do quite a few coats of mascara (which I actually forgot to picture, whoops!). I'm bouncing between a few right now and not loyal to one, but I've always loved the L'oreal Voluminous Volume Building Mascara* for years. I do between 2-3 coats on my top lashes only. 

-My eyebrows are one of my favorite parts of my makeup to do; recently I picked up the Dip Brow Pomade in Chocolate from Anastasia of Bevery Hills* and the #12 Eyebrow Brush* to go with it. Seriously life changing, guys. This stuff fills in the sparseness of my brows and really shapes them to give definition to my whole face. I brush them with the spooly first to align them, then use very light strokes and kind of fill in like I'm coloring. I finish off with the spooly again, brushing the hairs into place and distributing the product.

-I will put concealer underneath my eyes after all my eye makeup is done. I just feel like there's not point to put it on when product is constantly falling on your under eye area and you have to wipe it off! I mainly just use mine to conceal dark circles, but do put it on some areas of my face where dark spots persist, as well. Currently I'm using Maybelline's Fit Me, but am looking to try to Tarte Colored Clay Undereye Concealer. 

- For lips, I exfoliate with Lush's popcorn lipscrub* that does the job and tastes great. For a smooth base, I apply my Nivea lip butter in delicious Vanilla and Macadamia Nut* and then 9/10 times swipe on a coat of my all time favorite lipstick MAC's Russian Red.*

That's it! I'm not all into that contouring, highlighting, and extra stuff. Most days, I don't even usually wear blush. It's a simple and classic look I've learned to love doing that matches any outfit I come up with. I am looking for a new eyeliner to try though and a new concealer, so any suggestions you all might have are much appreciated!

Hope you enjoyed this. x

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

2 comments

Sara said...

Makeup recommendations!

Eyeliners: Kat Von Dee Tattoo Liner (so good for cat eyes!) and Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner (for different colors)

As for concealer, I love my Nars Creamy Concealer...but it's pretty pricey.

Kaylie Anderson said...

I absolutely adore your blog! You have a great sense of style and make up. Although I do not wear a lot of make up, I enjoy tips about it. I was wondering if you have ever heard of Mary Kay Mascara? It's the brand I use and I love it. It makes your lashes very long and does not clump when applied. You should check it out! Keep blogging!!

Blogger Template by pipdig