a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Pisa, Italy.

Hi everyone!

I just spent today in Pisa and it was super wonderful! My time is narrowing down here in Europe, and I've been anxious to still make it to Pisa and Rome. Last night I just decided that I would jump on the train this morning and make my way over to Pisa! I hadn't rode the train system yet since I've been here, so it was a little daunting to get the ticket, find the platform, and get the train, but I did it. I'm proud of the independence I've developed since coming to Europe. I arrived and didn't have a map or anything, so just kind of winged it walking around the city and exploring (which is the best way to explore in my opinion--getting lost!). 

I had a pretty darn good cappuccino pictured above and did some browsing in shops on the main street. I eventually found my way to the piazza where the Leaning Tower is, and I was so taken aback when I first saw it! I've dreamt for a long time to see the Eiffel Tower, so when I did I felt already so immune to it. But with the Leaning Tower, you don't really think about it as much and how impressive it will be to see it in person. I was super thrilled! I took photos all around it and had at least five different people helping me try to get a classic 'pushing the tower' pose. Ha, I kept finding people who didn't speak English so it was super hard for them to give me directions. Eventually I found and American speaking girl though and got it!

I bought a ticket to go inside and up the tower because I thought, "why not? When else am I going to get to do this?" and I absolutely loved it! It was so strange climbing the stairs at a tilted angle, and the view was amazing at the top. I just sat there for a good while, admiring the view, giddy over the fact that I was on top the Leaning Tower of Pisa! After the tower, I had a free ticket to go into the Cathedral near by which was wonderful, also! The inside was absolutely beautiful and actually the patron saint of Pisa, Rainerius, was actually buried there and you can see his casket in one of the photos above :O

It was such a good day! So glad I made it to Pisa before I leave back for the States. x

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

5 comments

Unknown said...

That's so cool that you just decided to hop out to Pisa on your own. It always feels good to find your independence. It looks like you had a fun time wandering around there and I'm glad you were able to get that classic pushing the tower picture!

Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

Kezzie said...

I REALLy regret not visiting the tower before our flight back from Pisa, so cool! love that you found your way around there!x

ILA JOHARI said...

PISA is one gorgeous town. I loved it and your post refreshed my memories from last year also on my blog.

Cheer!
ILA

Unknown said...

You know what I love best??? The "why not?! when ELSE am I going to DO THIS?!!!" in the best way possible, in the most life-affirming way to have an adventure - hurray, Lauren!!!

SM said...

Ah, Italy has always been my dream and I hope to go back some day again.
Lauren, which university are you going to in Florence? I am scouting for university with english programs for an Erasmus exchange.

Blogger Template by pipdig