a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Observe Those Around You.

Striped Chambray Dress: c/o OASAP.
White Collared Shirt: Forever21.
Nude Flats: H&M.
Lipstick in MAC's Please Me. 
Photos by Haley (@hchatlin on insta!)

Hello everyone! x

I really miss taking outfit photos on a daily basis, so I'm always so happy when my friend Haley and I have time to snap some :) It's been really interesting to me to study the way people dress from different countries during my stay here. The first few weeks (and still a lot of times) I was baffled about how Italians knew I was American even before I opened my mouth. It's in the way I walk, act, and dress they can tell, which is so bizarre to me because I don't feel like I dress any sort of "typical" American way or could notice the "American" way I walk. But it is so true though after I stopped to take a closer look at everyone around me. I can spot other Americans from a mile away just by the way they dress and I'm sure they can spot me, too. I don't know how, because I feel like there are just so many different styles out there, and just because you're from a certain country doesn't mean you're limited to that one style. It would be one thing if I was wearing yoga pants, flip flops, and my hair wet; then I would assume people would know I was American. But even in an outfit such as this-- a simple dress-- when I walk up to a shop they will immediately speak English to me because they know before I open my mouth where I come from.

It's just been a cool experience though I've enjoyed getting to study trends and styles of people from other countries since people from around the world visit Florence. Not something I would have ever gotten to do in little ole Ohio! x

With much love, Lauren.



SHARE:

4 comments

Unknown said...

Such a cute outfit, you look great in blue!
awestrucksky.com

Elizabeth said...

Love this outfit! You always look adorable in whatever you wear, definitely jealous ;)
That is odd how they can tell so easily, but cool in a sense too. Must be so interesting to observe different cultures way's of dressing and their mannerisms.

With Love, Elizabeth
http://whimsicalthoughtss.blogspot.com/

Kezzie said...

This is a sweet outfit!!! I love the hair bow matching- is it an actual hair bow or was it a tie for the dress?!
You look very cute. INteresting about nationality eh? In asian countries, of course it's really obvious who is not of that country, but in a country like Italy- I'd have thought it was hard to tell!x

Unknown said...

I totally get what you mean! Even without yoga pants and uggs and north face somehow we even stand out. I think its more of a cultural societal thing the anything since you dress very classy!
Justine
http://theredlipchronicles.blogspot.com

Blogger Template by pipdig